Monday, October 3, 2011

A WORK IN PROGRESS

Hi, everyone! Today I would like to show you my latest project, my master bedroom.
I have been working on it for a while now and, for some reason, have had a very hard time finding the decor items I want.
I am still shopping for several things, like new area rugs that will compliment the new colors of the bedspread and window coverings and a chandelier for over the bed.
I am also shopping for a new painting to add to the larger wall on the left side of the bed and some smaller decor for the dresser and a small table and comfy chair for what will be the sitting area.
Although, is not finished, I wanted to share with you  the " before and after" and what I got done so far.
First picture is the before.

What was I thinking? LOL



This is what it looks like now.









Doesn't it look pretty with the red roses?


Some pictures of myself and my Mom and Dad a long, long time ago



A little crystal on the dresser




Small round table by the window









And a small new addition. A pretty table runner.







Thank you all for stopping by.



             



     

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodnes gracious Maria your bedroom is beautiful! The bedding and soothing colors look fabulous. I adore your bedside lamp. It is lovely. You have created a very nice look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria, so glad to see you posting here! Love your new look in the bedroom....I loved the old, too. Like Melissa, I'm loving your lamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, thank you so much! It means a lot coming from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen, thank you! I do love those lamps.
    I found them at Kirklands a couple of month ago and I couldn't believe how well they went with the new colors in the bedroom.
    They were my "lucky find" for this year! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! Those are the exact colors I plan on using when I start my bedroom reno later this year. You've given me a lot of inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bedroom is gorgeous, Maria Elena! I love the soothing colors ... quite the tranquil retreat you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did an amazing makeover! Your room is stunning! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. look at you with the perfect vacuum lines :) your room looks so put together! way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...