Monday, December 10, 2012

A SMALL CHRISTMAS TREE IN THE KITCHEN


Happy Monday!
I hope everyone had a great weekend.

We start our week in Texas with a change in the air.
We went to bed with 76 degrees outside, very high humidity and, of course, with the AC on.
 We woke up like popsicles since, over night, a cold front came in and the temperatures dropped to 41 degrees.
Now, how is this even possible?

So, it may start feeling like Christmas around here after all.

I had a post ready to publish today with my kitchen Christmas decor, but, the amount of pictures was just a little too much, so I decided to do this in a couple of post, or may be three. LOL 
Don't want you to fall to sleep on your computers!

Last year I used this small tree with my holiday decor on the front porch, but this year, it ended up in the kitchen, don't know how that happened, because it wasn't even planned.










On this little tree I added a bit of bead garland, some red poinsettias and all the ornaments that have any meaning to us, like the ones my kids made in Elementary school through out the years. And, next to it, sits my cute little snowman.
He makes me smile every time!



 
Our friends gave us this one as a gift on the first Christmas in our new home.



And this ornament is priceless to me.
My very best friend, Mary, sent it to me December 2003.
Mary passed away from cancer in 2004, just a few months after, at the age of 41.
She used to send me little things like this every year, and that little tree she made, with all of our family names on it, was the last one I would receive.




Right next to the tree, on the window seat, I added the candle holders I normally have on my mantle.
I left the burlap ribbon on them and just changed the Fall picks on them to a small red poinsettia. 






I will put another post together this week with the rest of the Christmas kitchen decor.
Until then, enjoy your week!
See you all soon.






Sharing with:










13 comments:

  1. oh Maria. that is the cutest kitchen tree ever.
    love love love.
    I may have to do a copy of this- my version of course and if I do I'll sure send folks over to see yours too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Utterly gorgeous, as always. What a dear friend Mary was, giving you thoughtful gifts like that, and it is so nice that you have such things to remember her by. I like coming across the meaningful ornaments again each year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely tree, Maria! I love the whimsical ornaments you included (and the sentimental one, as well). The burlap bows around the candles look wonderful, especially with the addition of the pointsettias ... ties in beautifully with your pillow! I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, Maria Elena! I love a little tree in the kitchen. I didn't take mine out this year; just went with a Rosemary tree in a tureen for simplicity's sake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Maria Elena, your kitchen Christmas tree is adorable! I love how colorful and happy it is....it made me smile just looking at the pictures. Can't wait to see more of your Christmas kitchen. Enjoy your day, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria Elena- That is just the cutest tree~ I love it. Your kitchen makes me smile because I can tell it is filled with love (and I can smell the scent of baking?;>) Blessings- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a very pretty tree Maria Elena! The snowman also puts a smile on my face, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi María Elena I supose you speak Spanish so: Me encantan tus adornos de Navidad y me quedo en tu blog, besos

    http://marinainblue.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  9. So festive and pretty! Love the big guy (snowman) sitting in front of the tree, ...he is the cutest thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a treasure indeed for that ornament your friend Mary gave you. Truly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Maria! Oh, what a darling little tree. You had this outside last year? Oh, your ornaments are so cute! The little snowman is jut the perfect touch!
    Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maria, I have to agree with everyone else...your kitchen looks ready for Santa and all your family and friends. We have a new tree for the family room after the tiny one last year that was way too short for that room. Looking forward to the next post...can hardly wait. Thanks for sharing the sentimental pieces...they do add an abundance of love and energy to the room.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great! Very festive! Thanks so much for sharing at our Countdown to Christmas link party! Merry Christmas! :)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...