Thursday, January 24, 2013

CLEANING AND ORGANIZING THE MASTER BATHROOM


It is hard to believe it is already Thursday.
This week is going by so fast!

I have been extremely busy around here, organizing closets, cleaning and sprucing up the house a little bit for the new year.

Last week, I took the master bathroom completely apart, cleaned everything in sight and put it back together again which it took me a good part of my day and in the process of doing that, I rearranged things a little different.

We have such long marble counters in there, I am always looking for a way to make them a little more appealing.

After everything was sparkling clean, I decided to add an old runner folded in half to the center of the counter space
 to add a little color to all that white.

Everything else is the same, I just moved things around and this is what I ended up with.


On the runner I have a basket with my daily skin care, a couple of small towels and a picture of my children that I already had on the counter. We took this picture at a beach in the South of Spain many, many years ago and it is one of my favorites.






 On each side of the left sink I placed my old glass jars and also a glass bowl with some natural dried orbs.






On the right side of the counter, I kept the same glass plate with the candle I already had.






And I moved the tiered basket to the far end corner of the right sink.
I also used just for fun one of the glass containers with the burlap rosette that I made last year to hold our hand soap.




I kept the area by the bathtub the same.






There is several changes we want to make to this bathroom, so may be this year 
we will get brave enough to tackle this project. 

 That's it for today. Moving on to the next room!


Enjoy the rest of your week and see you all soon!








16 comments:

  1. You have been busy! I am still trying to get my decor the way I want it.. It usually takes me awhile well now it does lol. I want a fresh new look. Love your bathroom its just gorgeous! I wish I had room around my tub to put pretties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria! Oh, your bathroom looks beautiful! I love the vignette you've set up on the counter. Everything is so pretty.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is so nice...OK so now you have inspired me to do my bathroom...when I am done doing all my projects downstairs....I am heading up stairs...Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great feeling! You sure can come over and help me too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh-It looks great to me, Maria Elena. I think it is pretty just the way it is....very functional and you have done a wonderful job dressing it up! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria Elena, we are both on the same page. I deep cleaned my master bath Monday and then my sewing room on Tuesday. Still need to do the closets in both. Today I did some service with friends and then went to lunch. Tomorrow I am going to paint an old desk. What's with us? Not a lazy bone in our bodies. lol! I really like the addition of the runner. Gave just a little touch of color. I love the burlap flower on the soap. I want to make some sometime. Maybe in between cleaning. lol!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. What I would give for this HUGE bathroom!!! Ours has all the same elements but in a MUCH tinier space. Love all your accessories and your colors too. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your master bath is beautiful and what great counter space. You have decorated it so pretty! Thanks for visiting and I am a new follower. xx, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, your house is so pretty. You must have a wonderful time changing things up a bit. I love the soap container with the burlap bow...that's really clever! hmmmnnn...thanks for the idea!
    I worked all day and into the night on my bathroom on Monday. It felt really good. Now I am tearing the bedroom apart. My husband came home the other day and said, "Wow! What's going on in here?" lol.
    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maria Elena, I love all of the subtle touches of blue. Makes is look so serene in there. Hope you have a fabulous weekend with our gorgeous Texas weather.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your pretty natural touches. The raffia, the burlap...such cute ideas. I have a wire basket similar to this. Hum...might have to steal this idea!! So smart!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, I'm probably going to copycat some of your ideas here, Maria Elena! Your master bath is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bathroom is amazing, and I totally love your decor. Great vignettes. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maria, the touches make it feel new again, don't they? It really is lovely. I struggle with what to leave on my vanity. Thanks, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your bathroom is awesome!! I love everything, and the photo is a fabulous idea. Thank you so much for sharing with us at A Bouquet of Talent!

    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...