Tuesday, March 5, 2013

DOLLAR TREE SPRING CLOCHES


A couple of weeks ago, our friend Liz from Savvy Seasons by Liz   gave us a tutorial on how to make cloches using very economical items from the Dollar Tree.

I had just finished decorating my kitchen for Spring, but something was missing 
and this was the perfect project to finish it off.

I have already thanked Liz for sharing this idea and I also let her know I had made some, 
which I would be sharing with you all, but all the credit goes to her!
Thanks again, Liz! 

I took this idea of spray painting with stone paint a little further and also covered an old glass vase I already had.
I will be sharing the kitchen Spring decor as soon as I can edit my pictures. Working on it. 

 And here are my cloches!


I followed Liz's directions.  First I primed all the pieces.


This is the paint I purchased.
 I also used a different glue I already had. Next time I am out, I will pick up the E6000,
 but this new superglue worked very well also.


Waiting for the stone paint to dry.


And my little bunnies have a new home this Spring!


 Thank you, Liz, for the idea and inspiration.
I will share soon how I incorporated this project into my Spring decor for this year.

Meanwhile, enjoy your day! 

 Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment. It means so much to me!





21 comments:

  1. Those are amazing! I love the paint you used! Darling with the little rabbits! Great project!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cloches are so pretty. Spring is around the corner hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! Your little bunny is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What darling Spring cloches. Think I'll head for my Dollar Store!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  5. good job~! love the cloches you made and that bunny is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute, Maria Elena! I love your bunnies, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, they are adorable! Yep, I watched Liz make her cloches and have been wanting to go buy knobs and the E6000.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How very, very cute. That Liz is a firecracker, isn't she?;>) xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooo cute!! You did a great job! Your Spring decor is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I made some of these myself after also seeing Liz's tutorial! I plan to share mine in a day or two! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute!! I have to look into this stone paint, I have ideas already!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea...and cute! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Maria Elena, those are the prettiest cloches! You did a wonderful job creating them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Maria, your cloches are gorgeous! You did such a beautiful job and your little bunnies look very content.
    Thanks for popping in to see me and don't be too impressed with my sunshine snaps - I fiddle with them! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI THERE...thanks for stopping in to visit my blog. New visitors are always fun. Wow, that project turned out really well. I am extremely useless when it comes to crafting. NO. KIDDING. Love the bunny under it. I will be back to see how you did your spring decor.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute! That little Liz certainly comes up with some clever ideas -- she has such a fun blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I found an old Christmas cloche at Salvation Army in November and I've fallen in love with them ever since! I did a great Christmas vignette but I have decided to use it for my easter decorations. I crafted a birds next from Spanish moss and put some little blue eggs in it. I'm in love! Then, I was at a vintage sale a few weeks ago and came across the most beautiful blown glass cloche and grabbed it up for 8 bucks. I put a moss covered bunny under that one on my end table. I can't believe I didn't discover cloches until now. I love the ones you made yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am looking for a spring craft, little $$$$$ for seniors to make, is this easy? I love your bunnies!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it is super easy and very affordable. I think they would love it!

      Delete
  19. Howdy! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter group?
    There's a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your content.

    Please let me know. Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is the best time to make some plans for the future and
    it's time to be happy. I've read this post and if
    I could I desire to suggest you few interesting things or advice.
    Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article.

    I want to read even more things about it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...