Sunday, May 26, 2013

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY



HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!



I hope you guys are having a great holiday weekend! Ours has been very interesting, to say the least!

We had a little bit of a crazy weekend, weather wise. Actually, a LOT crazy! And scary!

Our city received 10 inches of rain during 15 hours of non stop downpours Friday night into Saturday, followed by a second round of storms Sunday, which has caused some severe floods to our city.

This is what San Antonio looks like right now.
Not something you see every day!


There has also been lost of life, things just happened too fast. We are keeping these families in our prayers.

Not a fun weekend! We have been trying to stay home, safe and dry and hoping things get back to normal soon.

Meanwhile, we have been doing some indoor projects around the house, trying to keep busy during this rough weather.

I finally finished the little pillow for the chair in my craft room.



 

For this pillow I used a Martha Steward stencil I had from a previous project 
but instead of using the bird in the center, I added my initial.


The craft paint I used is Americana "Tomato Red"





And my husband has been busy working on this. A new workshop he is building in the garage.


Actually, all the doors on the top cabinets and the large corner cabinet are already finished and we will start painting walls and cabinets tomorrow. After that, counters will be installed.
As you can see, never a boring minute around this house! :)

And before I end this post, I want to thank the men and women of our military who have served and are serving, and their families, for their dedication to our country and the  sacrifices they do every day to keep us all safe. 
God Bless each and every one of you!

REMINDER

Tuesdays at Our Home will be live Monday night at 8:00 PM Central Time.

See you all soon!





6 comments:

  1. Wow, that workshop is already looking pretty awesome! I wish I could have all that storage space. You guys keep yourself pretty busy that's for sure. Nice pillow, Maria Elena!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a neat garage area, love the cabinets and the centerpiece in the first picture! Great job on the pillow too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe all the rain y'all have had! We haven't had a single drop, and we really need it. I love the pillow with your initial. So pretty. My hubby would be so envious of that workshop! He dreams of having one like that one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your weekend was relaxing! Love your pillow and your husbands work space is awesome!! ~~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness that pillow is beautiful! Hope you had a great holiday...I think I will partay with you this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a fabulous job on that pillow! It's a lovely addition to your already fabulous craft room. Your husband's space is going to rival yours, I'm sure! :) --Fran

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...