Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A HOLIDAY GIFT BASKET


 
Hello, everyone!
With Thanksgiving just a couple of weeks away, I know we are all thinking about the upcoming holidays and we are starting to plan and prepare. I don't know about you, but I sure don't want to get caught in that holiday shopping madness, so for the first time ever, I did start planning weeks ago. 
 
Today I am sharing an idea to help you start getting ready on your Holiday gifts. 
This is something I did last year and I have to tell you it was great success.

This was my first time making a gift basket but I have to say, it was really fun putting one together.
Last year, not only I wanted to give my brother-in-law and his family a gift for Christmas, I wanted it to be a gift that would bring them memories of our culture and traditions.
 

After weeks of trying to figure out what I could do, while shopping at Macy's, I run across a beautiful ceramic tapas set from a new collection of ceramics hand painted in Spain. I took that idea and I run with it. :)






I bought a basket  and so pretty red filler and set out to find everything I needed to make it special.





We have here a wonderful market full of gourmet food from all over the world and I was able to find many things from Spain to create a nice basket for them with the food we grew up with.
It was nothing fancy, but from the heart.

I was even able to find some Turron, which is one of the Christmas sweets that we grew up with.





 Once  I had everything I started rearranging everything inside the basket
First, a bottle of Spanish wine.
Look at the little bull hanging from the wine bottle. I thought that was original.
Two wine glasses with some little bags of Spanish candy inside









Olive oil and vinegar, also from Spain and a few more "goodies" :)




I put two Christmas flowers on each side of the basket to make it more festive







And I wrapped it with a pretty holiday cellophane paper.







And to finish it, I just added a bow made of red and gold ribbon







Imagine the possibilities!
You can create one of these baskets for somebody that loves to cook or may be a movie night theme.
So many choices. :) 
I hope this post gives you a little inspiration on your holiday gift planning.

Thank you all for stopping by.
See you soon!




5 comments:

  1. I think this is an excellent idea, because you can adapt it for the recipient. and it shows you have really thought about their gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea, lots of great goodies in that basket. It would be very exciting to receive something like that. Love the Spain home from your heart idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria, your idea is wonderful. Looks as if there is something for every member of the family. It's obvious that you really shared great memorable items with your family. Thanks for showing us how you assembled your basket.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a great idea! I love GETTING gift baskets so giving them should be terrific too. Now, I need to start thinking of some themes. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so pretty, Maria Elena! I love putting gift baskets together, but I also like receiving them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...