Friday, December 22, 2017

OUR FAMILY ROOM THIS CHRISTMAS


Only three days left for Christmas!
Can you believe it? I don't know where the last three weeks went. Time is flying!

I am the kind of person that likes to pre-plan, but that has not been the case this year. 
At this point, I am as ready as I am going to be.

Today I am sharing our family room and Christmas mantle.



Our family room is "under construction" right now.
Back in October we purchased a new sofa set.
Here is a picture of the day it was delivered.


We are now in the process on finding a new area rug and there is also a little furniture building going on.
Yes, that is a new entertainment unit that my husband is building.
I am so excited to see it finished! :)


It is coming together slowly and soon we will have a whole new family room.
And here is the way it looks today.


I used items I already had to decorate our mantle.
This year I had very little time to decorate our home, so there was no time for shopping for new items.
I really had to get creative. :)


On each side of the mantle I placed the old Kirklands metal trees. These trees were gold at one point, but over the years they lost all their glittery finish, soooo, I took them in the backyard and sprayed painted them red. 

Next to them on both ends of the mantle you will find the lanterns I had for a long time with a red candle, an old glass vase from HomeGoods filled with Christmas balls and I hung a wreath from the homemade shutters with a pretty ornament.







In the center of the mantle you will find the old NOEL letters. You have seen them before, they used to be covered with craft paper. 
I decided to give them a new look by removing the paper, sanding them and repainted them in the same red color I used to paint the trees.





The hearth is pretty simple.



A basket full of gifts and two pillows on the left side.
The check pillow matches the pillows in the kitchen. Since the kitchen, breakfast area and family room is all open space, I always like to decorate it so it flows together.




On the coffee table a created a small vignette on the tray I always keep there using some Christmas items and a 
cute little printable.








An a couple more holiday pillows finished my simple decor for this year.




Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by this week when everyone is so busy with last minute preparations.
I really appreciate!

I am almost sure I won't be able to be back on the blog until after Christmas Day, so I want to wish you all have a wonderful and blessed Christmas.
XOXO




5 comments:

  1. I look so pretty and the entertainment center is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, Maria! Everything looks so festive. Your husband is a master builder. I can't wait to see how it all turns out. Enjoy the holidays, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria Elena, your home always is so beautiful. I can't believe your husband can build something so amazing and useful too! How lucky you are. Merry Christmas. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mantel looks wonderful- love how you did the beaded garland. That new entertainment unit is fantastic! What a talented hubby you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your family room and mantle are charming! Your husband is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...