Thursday, April 12, 2018

SPRING WREATH & A HOMEMADE FABRIC BOW


Hello everyone!
I hope you are all enjoying Spring. 
In Texas we are having some gorgeous days, in the 80's and no humidity. That does not happen around here ever!

After being sick for almost seven weeks, I am finding my way back into the land of the living. LOL 
It has been a rough time for me and I don't think I will ever take my health for granted. 

And now that I am starting to feel better, I have been changing things around the house for Spring.
I recently made a wreath for the front door using only items I already had since I was not feeling well enough to be in the stores.





I used a mix of burlap fabric flowers I made and lavender faux flowers I had for years.


I always like to add a little pearl to the center of the burlap flowers.



I wanted the wreath to blend with the pillows I have on the front entrance bench, I bought this fabric at Walmart many weeks ago on sale at $2.00 a yard.
I bought 2 yards, so I made three pillows for $4.00.
Can't beat that! But I could not find any ribbon that would go well with this fabric to make a pretty bow. 



So I made my own using some of the leftover fabric.


This is how I made it.
I started by cutting two long strips of fabric and seamed them together.


Using iron on adhesive I made two small pockets and inserted through them floral wire to help me shape the bow when it was finished.


Using my favorite tool ever, the Bowdabra, I made a large bow.


And thanks to the floral wire inside fabric, I was able to shape it the way I liked very easily.


Very simple but I like the way it all came together.



Total cost for wreath and pillows was the $4.00 I spent on the fabric since I used everything else I had at home.


Little by little I have been adding some Spring touches around the  house so I will be sharing them with you soon.
Meanwhile, enjoy the rest of your week and thank you so much for stopping by.



12 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful wreath! It was very clever to make use of the leftover fabric to make the bow! It looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria Elena, your wreath and pillows are so pretty - as always! The light purple is gorgeous!

    I'm so glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to see a post from you, but sorry to hear you have been ill for so long. I know it must feel good to be able to do something again. Love the wreath and pillows. They look great together. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I just clicked off without hitting publish! Anyway-sorry to hear you have been ill and I am glad you are feeling better. Your wreath and pillows blend beautifully! Have a great upcoming weekend-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're feeling so much better, Maria Elena! I love how pretty your wreath looks - especially with the different shades of purple! I also love making bows with the help of the Bowdabra! They always look professional and extra special just like the beautiful one you made!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful, Maria. I am so sorry to hear that your sickness lasted so long. Mine was sticking around for almost that long. I was ready to scream. Now we head into pollen season. Ugh! I am glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m glad you’re feeling better. Being sick is no fun and for such a long time, you poor thing. Your Spring decor is so pretty. Lavender is my favorite color. Take care! Zenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just the right amount of sweetness! Lavender seems to be the new trendy color and I didn't think I liked it until I saw this post. Glad to hear you are feeling better, sorry that you have had such a rough spell. I'm sure being greeted by this lovely display puts a smile on your face. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh Maria that wreath is gorgeous. I love love the color. That has to be really pretty to see as you come up to your door. Sorry you have been so sick. I am glad you are on the mend. Happy Friday and have a wonderful weekend.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy you are feeling better. I never take health for granted either. The wreath you made is so pretty. I have a special affection for lavender.

    Love how you were savvy and made the wonderful bow

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you're feeling better! I love your spring touches with the pops of purple. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so very pretty, Maria Elena. What a lovely color for Spring, and the pillows look so fresh and lovely!

    I'm so glad you are feeling better!
    Warm hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...